Old
01-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Pwood
B-B-B-Bus can't swim

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Pwood Send a message via Yahoo to Pwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
Of course it is, and right now...it's the vice that squeezes this teams apple bag. Were so cap strapped we can't even call up AHL'ers to fill in for injured players...that's just brutal if you ask me.

I'm not saying Briere at 6.5 is bad. It's pretty good value. I've admitted that and agree with you whole heartedly. And yes, I am well aware his contributions last season...both regular season and playoffs. I just feel he's not completely necessary for this team to be successful with the way Richards and Carter have progressed.

As for your list of players you'd trade, that's all fine and dandy...but we've proven we can compete and win without Danny Boy. I think it would be irresponsible to trade three players to make up the same amount cap space as it would one. More holes to fill, obviously.

Either way, it's all just chat and more so...wasted bandwidth as Briere and his contract are going nowehere.

It's just mid-day banter.
I see your point, but who takes on that 6.5 mil cap hit if he were to waive his NTC? I don't see many teams doing that.

Furthermore, it's not that we need him because, like you said, Carter and Richards have progressed greatly and we're making it without him, but if you add him to a mix of scorers like Gagne, Carter, Richards, Hartnell (has done pretty nicely this season, and often in crucial moments of the game), and Lupul (who is also a target for trade rumors) you have a damn fine top 6.

Pwood is offline   Reply With Quote