View Single Post
Old
01-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Lanny'sDaMan

vCash: 1075
Third Period
A return to the patient and disciplined play that made the first period such a Flames period. They were much better in the neutral zone again and they stood up very well at the blueline. They were also back to the smart quick passes and good offensive zone possession. Very quick on the cycle and sustained pressure was rewarded with yet another goal for the Flames. This was just a very hard worked, solid grider type of period by the Flames. Everyone was very good this period again and left me no one to gripe about.
The penalty kill was a one man show as Miikka simply stood on his ear and denied everything that came his way. Well ok, I have to give Boyd credit on his near shortie. I absolutely love how good our pk has been this season. They not only deny the opposition time and space, they also manage to generate a ton of offense. There were no power plays for the Falmes, and I for one am glad of it. I would rather start declining penalties with or PP special unit. Special as in short bus special.
Glencross was a beast that period. He did everything. Shot, hit, passed, walked on water. He was simply amazing. I also have much love for Moss. But, that is nothing new as he just continues to improve with every shift out there. And Miikka was simply stellar that period. That one play where the puck was everywhere around the Flames net but never in is a prime example I counted six blocks and five saves by Miikka himself. It was like San Jose couldn’t buy a goal.

Overall Impressions
Can the Flames swing with the big boys? I do believe they answered that question tonight. A resounding yes. Sorry that should be Yes, with a capital “Y”. They came out and dominated the Sharks for over 45 minutes of the game. If not for the penalty troubles of the second period this game would have been a complete blowout. They came ready to win and never once did they look like the game would slip away. This is the team we’ve all said existed by never showed up. “On paper”. Well now we can say “On Ice”, because the Flames are finally for real and have proven it in a most convincing manner.

Three Stars By Me
1. Daymond Langkow
2. David Moss
3. Curtis Glencross
HM: I have to give Conroy a shout. He was quietly amazing all game making super smart defensive plays and really working the puck in every area of the ice.

Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote