1/5/09: Nashville vs. Colorado
View Single Post
01-07-2009, 01:10 AM
What's the Pred say?
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Well that was one massive turd we just laid.
1. Our defensemen outside of Weber and Suter are gaffe machines. The Zanon-Hamhuis pairing hasn't really worked out. De Vries didn't play too well. Klein didn't play that well, but he's still learning the game and I expect him to make mistakes. We need a defenseman as much as we need a forward. It doesn't help that a number of our forwards don't even know the meaning of the word "defense."
2. Dumont's display of frustration on the bench is something I've been wanting to see for a while now. He showed emotion, he's frustrated, he's had enough of this crap. Exactly the way the fan base has felt for the last month or so, and it's starting to seep into the locker room. Not sure that's necessarily a good thing for the team's confidence, though.
3. Our power play gives the other team momentum. Even though it's nice to see Tootoo drawing penalties (like he did tonight against McLeod), it doesn't have the intended effect because our power play is flat-out pathetic.
4. Jones was the best player on the ice tonight. Good game from him, I hope we don't send him down. He's actually crashing the net and trying to pick up rebounds. We need more of that.
5. If we're going to have a speedy 3rd/4th line option with offensive skill in lieu of Nichol, I'd just as soon have Cal O'Reilly out there. He can't possibly be worse than Peverley, who I thought may have been the worst player on the ice tonight.
6. How the hell do you lose a game that you control so well? We won well over half the face-offs, had the puck all night, had over 50 total attempted shots, and lost 2-1. That's just absolutely baffling to me.
7. Rinne didn't look as sharp as he typically has this season, but he played well enough to win that game. The diving save at the end was the highlight of the night.
8. How many times did we turn the puck over tonight? Good God.
9. We dominated the first ten minutes of this hockey game. Just dominated. We were in complete control, buzzing around the net, generating chances, hell, even Arnott was hustling... and then we just quit. The Avs cranked up their forecheck and we just quit skating.
Trotz needs to re-evaluate his assistants. Badly. Whoever is running the power play sure as hell isn't doing a good job. He also needs to re-evaluate his line combos. Fiddler-Arnott-Erat is not a good line. At all.
Please, for the love of all things holy, call-up Santorelli and plop him on the wing.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by worstfaceoffmanever