View Single Post
Old
01-07-2009, 10:33 AM
gillyguzzler

vCash: 500
I was fortunate enough to see Kovy live for a couple of games before Christmas at the Bell Center and he is incredible to watch. Every time he touched the puck, he would bring the fans out of their seat. Everyone expects so much out of him and he is like a God at the Bell Centre.

He does piss me off at times with his bonehead giveaways but I find myself continuously thinking "give it to Kovy" when the team is on the PP, knowing that he's almost the only one (AKost and Markov also to a certain extent) who makes things happen. Where he is most effective is carrying the puck into the offensive zone.

On dump ins, we gain possession and set up maybe three times out of ten.
When anyone else tries to carry the puck in, we keep possession maybe three times out of ten.
When Kovy carries it in, we keep possession and set up at least eight times out of ten.

He will screw up once gaining the zone and settting up (bonehead cross ice passes or attempting shots without an open shooting lane) but I'll take the bad with the good because our other options to enter the zone aren't working out.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote