View Single Post
Old
01-07-2009, 01:37 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
No, I think its fairly telling. You are saying his linemates are bringing him down but those same players have more points. And when he did get time with better players his production still didn't increase.

I'm not saying he's not a useful player. I just think any enthusiasm about or hopes for offensive production need to be tempered a bit.
Yes let's base his 2 games with "better linemates" (nazzy and gomer) and call it a day. His numbers didn't go up, what a shame.

Renney made Korpi's role evident. Korpi said he knows what his role is when playing on the bottom two lines. His role was for checking purposes, defensive purposes. His placement with guys like Betts, Orr, Sjostrom was done for him to take a defensive role. So yes, off-course that's going to bring his production down. Actually, not bring it down, but prevent it from increasing.

Let's compare 3rd 4th line guys who've been in the league for multiple seaons, and have produced numbers that are low to a offensive 2way kid(the way i see it) who is in his first nhl season. Korpi knows that on the bottom two lines he needs to do the little things to have a sucessful checking role, which is why he's more conservative. He knows a few rough patches will have him scratched. Like I said, playing on the top two lines gives him more breathing room to play the game he is capable of playing. A two-way offensive game.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote