Thread: Mock Offseason
View Single Post
Old
01-08-2009, 09:43 AM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rshnk29 View Post
Thoughts on the rebuttals from my post above.

Until the instigator is gone, there is no need for this team to carry Cote to play 3-4 minutes a game.

Upshall can be traded for a mid round pick.

The third line maybe better than anyone thinks. Asham would be the wall player, while Nodl would be the new Prospal to Briere.

As for JVR, he will need at least one if not more seasons in the AHL till he is fully ready. I believe he has to take the same road Bobby Ryan and Ryan Carter have done with Anaheim before he is NHL ready.

The biggest thing the team I mentioned does though, is that it keeps the young core together while still staying under the cap. Those players are already on a team that is leading the Atlantic Division and 3rd in the Conference standings. I believe they will work very nicely together.
Upshall doesnt need to be traded, he wont cost much, and he would be a much better wall player for Briere than Asham. Asham is not a waste of a hockey player like some enforcers are, but he has no business playing with someone like Briere, unless that other winger is a pure stud, kinda when you had Keith Jones or Trent Klatt playing with Lindros/LeClair, and even both of them were much better hockey players than Asham.

I dont disagree on JVR, I wouldnt mind him spending one full year in the minors. I think they completely screwed up Downie by bringing him up and down, and I dont want this team to completely rely on JVR, Giroux, Nodl to replace Knuble, Lupul.

Nodl hasnt done much yet with his 26 games, but I believe he will become at the least a very good third liner in this league.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote