View Single Post
Old
01-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Kambo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Yeah, that Chapelle skit was awesome....I didnt really watch him much, but saw some clips of that. Prince to this day is still the single best concert I have ever seen, and I have been to 300+ shows in the last 10-15 years....

I will admit listening to anyone....music is one thing that no one should be ashamed of, if you enjoy it and it does something for you than be proud of that......I will be the first to admit that I actually saw Nsync and subsequently Justin Timberlake in concert and enjoyed it

As for Paramore, I have just always had an appreciation for very well written, catchy pop music.....A lot of people bash mainstream pop, but to me someone who can write that catchy of a song that will appeal to the masses impresses me a hell of a lot more than some "genius" who has like 3000 fans....Add to that that they are teenagers writing those songs and it is even more impressive....Of course there are exceptions to this....Britney Spears and The Spice Girls being absolute complete garbage.
Oh man, I would love to see Prince in concert. Or New Kids, or Backstreet Boys, or Nsync for that matter . You got me beat in the cool concerts category haha.

As far as embarassing music goes, I'm not too ashamed to admit it. Like you said, if you like it, then appreciate it. As far as Britney goes, don't like her, but her music is catchy as hell. Not gonna run out and buy her album, but I can tolerate her. And that is total blasphemy on the Spice Girls man. Their the shizzle. Another concert I'm really pissed at missing. However, I'm not sure how many people on here are going to agree or disagree, but the biggest joke of an artist to me is Madonna. I don't get it. Never have, never will. She's ugly, can't sing, a total *****, and yet people still love her. I think there's about one song I have ever liked of hers and that's it. Way past her expiration date if you ask me.