View Single Post
Old
01-09-2009, 02:30 PM
katzencd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingPredFan View Post
I felt bad for Ellis, I mean to get pulled for the 2 goals that were scored... He was ticked too I read a quote:

Quote:
Dan Ellis - "I think it was stupid. Bottom line. It's the exact same thing as last year. So yeah I was frustrated. Absolutely. I can't stop both teams."

I know why Trotz did it and it worked out, but still.

It's going to be interesting to see what Trotzy does with Sully.
RollingPredFan, where did you find this quote from Ellis? Anyone else think we saw the end of the Ellis-as-starter era last night? Trotz said he was just trying to change the teams luck with the change (Rotoworld), but that was an awfully quick change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
The only time Mi. Santorelli's line got pinned in the d-zone is when VK failed to keep a puck in at the blueline resulting in an odd man rush the other way. Sure the puck was bouncing but he played it the same way Zidlicky used to.... Why is it that "offensive" defensemen from Europe don't understand that the most important thing is "keeping the zone" and not making SportCenter?
I'm a BIG fan of Koisti's. It looked like the coaching staff must have told the D-men to start jumping the plays last night in an attempt to create some opportunities. I noticed Zanon and Klein pushing into the offensive zone several times as well last night. Koisti's worth having just because of his offensive awareness, and if the coaches tell their defensemen to sell out and take risks, the players can't be blamed if they get burned. I thought the Koisti - Klein pairing worked well. I also liked the first two lines last night; Trotz should keep those two lines in tact and let Sully work his way back in slowly.

katzencd is offline   Reply With Quote