View Single Post
Old
08-02-2004, 12:04 PM
Barnaby

vCash: 500
To me it's more important to sign character players, and leaders. We should add a couple vet forwards, but not top line players. I would look for a guy that can do a comparable job to what Andreychuk has done in TB. We need someone who players will respect, and learn from.

As for going out and finding a top line center - I just don't see any sense in that - it will just hurt our draft spot. We also shouldn't sign vets to anymore then a two-year deal at this point IMO.

The task is a rebuild. We are going to need top picks. We cannot afford another 6th pick. I think the Rangers really need to land a Crosby or Brule. Right now we don't have the players to compete with the Tampa, ATL, Pitt's, FL, and Caps of the world in 5 or so years. These teams have all landed big-time players along with a good core of solid players which will be a base for quality teams in the future. We've done a nice job getting some nice complimentary players, but we still don't have any top players which you need to win.

Last edited by Barnaby: 08-02-2004 at 12:10 PM.