Thread: Bonk and Hossa?
View Single Post
Old
08-02-2004, 12:27 PM
Ace2000

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Ace2000
personnally, i think Hossa is going to challenge Dagenais for a spot on the second line but it will depend on if the Habs are going to resign Kovalev.

I think Julien will have these lines in place come the 1st day of the season if Kovy doesn't resign.

Zednik-Koivu-Ryder
Hossa-Ribeiro-Dagenais
Bulis-Bonk-Ward
Begin-Pleks-Sundstrom

Now, from thse lines, i think Ryder will be paired up with Z and K for most of the season. If Gainey feels Ryder isn't able to produce at a 1st line rate, he'll go out and get a high priced player who's contract might be expiring.

If Gainey does that, then Ryder will go to the second line and whoever of the two doesn't paly as well(Hossa and Dagenais) will get bench duties.

Lines 3 and 4 are pretty clear to be pending any rookie making a big enough impression. Bulis was great alst year on the third line and with bonk, he should have a little more space to move. Same with Ward. he played really well last year on both the 3rd and 4th lines but IMO, he brings a dimension to the 3rd line(hitting). Which can be good as well.

Dagenais played RW last year as well while perreault and ribs were sharing center duties. Thats why i think that Gainey won't necesasrily go and get a high priced UFA this summer if Kovy doesn't get resigned. they'll see 1st how teh team will do without Kovy. After all, they did make the playoffs without Kovy. but come playoff time, Ryder-Ribs and Dagenais were nowhere to be found but having 1 playoff year under the belt will help all of them i'm sure.