View Single Post
Old
01-10-2009, 01:06 AM
aksion19

vCash: 500
just a few things i wanna say...

No to getting Kaberle, he'd be great but its just not an option because of our cap issue...

Lupul's contract extension doesn't kick in until after the 09-10 season

i think some defenders will go before forwards, since parent is back (and he is staying in the ahl this entire season, they dont want to keep calling him up and sending him down, same with giroux, though because of injuries he may see alot of time now)

id think of trying to package upshall or lupul along with jones and maybe alberts for some prospects and picks... obviously we cant take only salary

we will know if jvr will be playing pro soon i hope.. soon as the ncaa playoffs are over he'll either join the phantoms or wont.. if he doesnt than its like a 90% chance hes returning to NH... i dunno why he would cause he is ready to jump to the pros, but we'll see

gange and carters contracts expire the same year, hate to say it but carter will stay cause JVR will be here.. maybe we dump salary by losing knuble, lupul, hartnell, upshall, jones, etc and sign both gagne and carter, gagne has played here his whole life he could take less but i doubt it since hes since at his worth right now

i see us signing Vaananen over Knuble next year, cause of our depth at forward... even though we have so much depth at D too, actually i could see us letting knuble, vaananen, alberts, kukkonen all goo

we also need to resign Upshall (RFA) next year, maybe Lowe can offer him $3 to $4 million and we can get a nice compensation without taking on any salaries

also Carter will be a RFA after the 10/11 season, so the flyers would get siiiick compensation if they couldn't sign him

lines next year??? (will be UFA after this season)
gagne - richards - giroux (knuble)
hartnell - carter - lupul
upshall - briere - nodl
jvr - metropolit - cote

timmo - sbisa
coburn - carle
jones (vaananen) - parent

biron
niittymaki

hopefully we can resign vaananen some how..

aksion19 is offline   Reply With Quote