View Single Post
Old
01-10-2009, 11:39 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedDaPuck View Post
I watched him in Hamilton - the kid was the best Dman on the Hamilton's roster. Also - you can't forget that his play does not really fit KHL style best. I know for a fact, that his agent tried to talk him out of moving there; he wrestled with the decision for quite some time. He will be back, and thats just a matter of time. (I also know that MTL will take him)
I won't try and sell myself as a Valentenko expert, we have enough guys willing to argue about players they haven't seen. I may have seen him once or twice last year, and I followed Qui Gon Dave's Hamilton reports wherein he indicated that he improved as the year went on. I was very surprised at what I saw in camp this year, he seemed to rush around, chase the puck, have poor intincts, in other words, all the things you don't want a d man to do.

I admit that I'm basing this off of 2 games, so maybe he came into camp looking to do too much. I hope you're right, teams need guys on the lower pairings with a mean streak and I've always liked the reports I've read about him.

Bob Gainey understands that kids will be kids. He had more than his share of experience dealing with young players who were prone to questionable decsions, when he was captain. He'd be silly to close the door on someone who could make the team better.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote