View Single Post
Old
01-10-2009, 09:48 PM
mario66lemieux*

vCash: 500
Player Ratings after 41 games!

After 41 games, rate all habs!

Forwards:

Alex Kovalev: B- Had a rough 20 game goal-less drought, but still is tied for the team lead in points, and leads all forwards in assists as well. Also had some pretty good sequences on the pk, killing time with his puck control a few times. Overall, not a bad season for him, but a bit of a dissapointment compared to last year.

Robert Lang: A+ Biggest surprise of the year for the habs, has taken over as the lead centerman since Koivu's injury and has been very consistent all year long. His experience will be crucial down the road.

Alex Tanguay: B- Started off the season in great form, was consistently putting up points but ever since Saku's injury he slowed down and then got injured. Not a great year so far by his standards, but I have no doubt he will do better in the last portion of the season.

Saku Koivu: B A great start for him as well, but unfortunately got injured. It seems whoever he plays with excells, as Dagostini, Tanguay and Higgins would tell you.

Tomas Plekanec: C Very bad season for him until the last week or so. Really dissapointing. Unlike Kovalev when he had his 15+ game goal less drought, he wasnt producing assists or creating chances either. Just glad he woke up because he might just be our best center when on his game.

Andrei Kostitsyn: B- He really saved his rating with his play the last few weeks. Things are starting to heat up for him again, being on pace for a 30 goal year. Probably has the best shot of any hab, just needs to be more consistent with it. Still his 2nd full season in the league though, so I guess he will get better over time.

Sergei Kostitsyn: C- Pretty bad year for him this year, just not producing and since the last week or two, not creating any chances either. Benched a few times, but I'm glad he's woken up. Hopefully tonight's goal gives him the confidence he needed.

Max Lapierre: A- What to say about Lapierre, he's shown up in every game this year, and his energy just rubs off on everyone else on the team. The goals have been a bonus. Who would've predicted a Maxim Lapierre hat trick?

Guillaume Latendresse: C A pretty quiet year for him, but he hasnt been that bad. He's getting better at using his body to protect the puck along the boards and forms a good checking line duo with Lapierre.

Tom Kostopoulos: B All heart, fights for his teammates even though he knows he will lose. A real leader and great at his role as a 4th liner. Carbo take notice of that please!

Chris Higgins: C- Save for his hat trick game against Ottawa, he has only scored in 2 of the remaining 20 games he has played this year. He adds energy and works hard, sure, but he needs to produce a little more if he wants to remain on the top 2 lines, or even the 3rd. Injury fiddled first half, but hopefully he will be back and better then ever in the 2nd half, which has historically been his bread and butter anyway.

Matt Dagostini: B A real spark for the habs ever since his callup. He had 6 goals in 10 games which is amazing for a rookie.

Max Pac: / Too early to rate, but he's been pretty dam good so far. His goal on his first shot was a beauty, and he's meshed well with Kovalev.

The others like Dandenault, Begin, Laraque and Chipchura have either not played enough games, or are not really that important to rate.

Defencemen:

Andrei Markov: A+ On pace for 62 points and 50 assists. Combine that with his amazing defensive play and first pass out of the zone, and you get the perfect dmen, the best in the east.

Mike Komisarek: A- We saw how important he was to the team during his absence. He's great at covering the superstars of the opposing team, and I'm glad he got voted in for the all star game!

Roman Hamrlik: B+ A rock defensively, and pretty good offensively this season as well. I want to see him sneak in from the back door a bit more like earlier in the year, but overall he's been solid.

Josh Georges: A- Amazing improvement over last year, he's looked like Markov at times this year offensively, and like Hamrlik defensively. One of my favorites!

Francis Bouillon: C+ Not a bad year for him, but not a great year either. Bouillon is bouillon, but I love his heart as always!

Patrice Brisebois: C- Same as bouillon, although he's provided some offense this year, but his bad turnovers really overshadow all the good.

Goalies:

Carey Price: A+ 16-4-5 2.30 GAA 0.921 Save %, Not much more to say. He's been consistent as consistent can be this year. Only 3 regulation losses in 24 games that he started? That's insane. Save for his two bad games in a week against Boston and TO allowing 6 goals a piece, he's been a wall. I cant wait till he comes back.

Jaro Halak: B- Not too bad, not too good. He's done a good job filling in for Price. Anytime a goalie is winning games, you cant really complain.

mario66lemieux* is offline   Reply With Quote