Thread: FS Nashville
View Single Post
Old
01-11-2009, 01:00 AM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Honestly, I grew up with the game, play, and coach the game. I really don't need anyone to tell me what is going on (although I do like educated opinions or breakdowns once and a while to give me a different perspective). Therefore, as snobbish as that sounds...I like Pete and Terry. Think they are a great duo because they feed off of each other and tell stories constantly. It's like listening to two friends carrying on a conversation loosely related to the action and cracking jokes constantly. They are not full of themselves, stuck up, or arrogant and personally I like it because it provides some life to the broadcast.

There are very few combos I don't like (Jenneret in Buffalo is like nails on the chalkboard to me, Rimer and Gare in Columbus are awful, Tripp Tracy doing color I can't stand on Hurricanes telecasts, and a couple others that don't come right to the tip of my tongue). Bottom line is that it is personal preference.

With that said though, Pete Weber is a much, much better TV PBP guy than radio. Listening to Pete on the radio previously doing a TV/Radio simulcast was awful if you weren't in front of a TV because you didn't know what was going on on the ice for minutes at a time. Tom Callahan has been a GREAT addition to the organization and I hope he stays here long term, but believe he has bigger and brighter things ahead in his future.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote