View Single Post
Old
01-11-2009, 07:25 AM
kernkraft

vCash: 500
Disappointments:
  • The Kostitsyn brothers earlier on, but they seem to be back in the fold. Andrei has to start hitting the net with his one-timer!
  • O'Byrne, I really thought he made his mark last year but he was terrible this year.
  • Tanguay: isn't worth the money we're paying him. Doesn't get involved in the play enough and doesn't have that much imagination as a playmaker.
  • Komisarek: people are gonna hate me for this, but he's really not playing the way he was last year. I think I can count the amount of defensive mistakes he made all last year on one hand. He's not been as solid so far this year. Still a rock on the blueline, but not worth 5M IMO.
  • Laraque: oft-injured, ineffectual policeman at 1.5M a year, money I'd rather have spent re-signing Streit, but that's a low blow on Gainey.

Surprises
  • Koivu: The captain is back to his old self this season, let's hope he'll be the same in the playoffs.
  • D'Agostini: Cooled off but still getting chances with Begin and Chipchura. He showed that his 4 goals in first 5 games wasn't a fluke. An improvement on Ryder.
  • Higgins: I was one of the many predicting a 40 goal season in his future, but the amount of scoring chances this guy can miss is ridiculous. Hell of a player in all other aspects.

Last edited by kernkraft: 01-11-2009 at 07:32 AM.
kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote