View Single Post
Old
01-11-2009, 09:02 AM
BaseballCoach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I'm excited about paciroetty's potential, but lets remember that he has yet to go through an 82 game season at any level.

Like d'agostini, he has exploded out of the gate, but I'd like to see this kid when the initial adrenaline wears off.

I think patches will be a solid hab for years to come, but I'm not going to say that I expect him to sustain his current production rate. Sooner or later, he's going back to Hamilton.

What he's doing right now is showing the habs brass that he is a dead serious contender to make this team right out of camp for next season.
Well, even though the question was what to do when the guys ALL come back, I will agree with Hackett's point that someone currently hot could cool off if we are projecting far ahead.

I would rather focus on the more realistic near future with Koivu and Higgins being the two first guys back.

From last night's lineup, the two guys to come out would be Chipchura and Begin.

D'Ago would then play with Koivu and Higgins on the newly reconstituted line.

GUY LAFLEUR'S FOUR FOURTH LINES:
Plekanec-Kovalev-Pacioretty
Koivu-d'Agostini-Higgins
Lang-SKost-AKost
Lapierre-Kostopoulos-Latendresse

Now, if not a single one of the above 12 guys is hurt, and Tanguay comes back in another 4 weeks, the choice will be MIGHTY TOUGH. It will have to be made based on how the guys are playing at that time.

Maybe we could pull a Mike Keenan or Scotty Bowman and kill two birds with one stone. We could solve the forward logjam and our "6th defenceman problem" at the same time by moving Alexei Kovalev back to the blueline.

Okay, I was just kidding about that one!

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote