View Single Post
Old
01-11-2009, 09:52 AM
le_sean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
We are scoring like 6 goals per game lately without Koivu Higgins and Tanguay, so they are useless? That's pretty much what i understand from your first statement.

Spezza isnt the only forward in the league that is average in the D zone. It's not like Komi is any kind of hot in the offensive zone either... I think Spezza can be better in defensive zone, he's just not consistent and when your team sucks and wont make the playoff it shows more.

And it's no knock on Komi, he's a great player for us no doubt about that. Sometimes we tend to "overate" what our players bring. Bieksa is a leader too, he fights as well, he's gritty too. I'm pretty sure he's a really good guy in the locker room like Komisarek, but hey who cares he's in Vancouver.
Those three being out has nothing to do with what I said. The only new player contributing with Koivu, Tanguay and Higgins out is Pacioretty and that is expected with his first few games. Are you going to deny Komisarek is a huge part of this team? You think it's just a coincedence that when Markov is out too this team suffers? There is a different dimension to this team with Komi in. He was hurt last playoffs and you could tell the Habs were being dominated physically.

Spezza is not average in the defensive zone, he's bad. To be an elite player in the league you need to at least pick up your game in all zones and that's what stops him. Heatley and Alfredsson got the memo and they are more vital to the Sens' success.

I just don't really like Bieksa. It took him a long time to establish himself and even then he's only had one good year.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote