View Single Post
Old
01-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
If we had another first round pick, I guarantee we wouldn't have picked Esposito. Probably would've been Jim O'Brien, a big center that Ottawa picked, I believe. Plus, he's American.

Bottom line is, even if Pacioretty doesn't continue to put up points, if he goes to the front of the net and creates space for Pleks and Kovalev, and those two put up points. It'll be difficult for him to be sent down.
I thought they were looking at MacMillan or Perron. Gainey and Timmins were coy whenever they were asked about drafting Esposito. They just kept saying that they were looking hard at a couple of players from the Q (i.e., not necessarily Quebec-born players).

About Rivet and Souray, I think the difference was pretty clear. For whatever behind-the-scene reason, Rivet played himself off the team. I seem to recall there having been issues about him openly questioning the coaches and their strategies. So, despite his admirable service to the Habs prior to that season, he had become expendable, or maybe even had-to-be-traded-able for the good of the team.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote