Old
01-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Zetsyuk
Farewell Nick.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zune View Post
A break?

Datsyuk is more than likely going to play the majority of the season with Homer and Franzen. Zetterberg will play with Cleary/Hudler and Hossa.

Its arguable who has better line mates. What I see is Zetterberg struggling from the loss of Datsyuk on his line, not the other way around.

Thats why Datsyuk's value is higher, he can play with anyone. I also feel thats why Hossa's value is higher, he can play with anyone because he carries lines. He doesn't need a "Elite" center to score 40.

Up until this point we do know for a fact that if you want Zetterberg to play like he did for the last season and a half, than he has to play with Datsyuk. Which is fine but it makes the team top heavy and less balanced.
That's what I said... Zetterberg isn't getting as many points because of the absence of Datsyuk.
This was never an argument of linemates in general, rather how Hank and Datsyuk's chemistry was incomparable by any other tandem in the league. They both have great linemates who can finish, but Datsyuk is above and beyond any of Hank's current linemates.