View Single Post
Old
01-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Ricelund
We like our team.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zune View Post
Theres no "back and fourth". Datsyuk plays more games, scores more points and makes his line mates better. Please compare seasons in which they didn't play together for reference.
As I mentioned already, Zetterberg played with Samuelsson and Holmstrom in '05/'06 and scored 39 goals and 85 points. Samuelsson and Holmstrom also had career years. Datsyuk, on the other hand, was setting up Shanahan and ended up with two more points than Hank.

Zetterberg has a Smythe on his resume. You can say all you want, but that must be taken into consideration.

I've said pretty much all I believe in this thread. You're pretty biased towards Datsyuk and that's evident. He's out-performed Zetterberg so far but Zetterberg outperformed him in the playoffs last year. I think the two are extremely close, so close that there's not much of a point in arguing.

Hank will re-sign for a reasonable deal.

It really is funny how these negotiations can effect a fan's views on a player. Datsyuk was receiving the same kind of treatment while negotiating his two most recent deals too.