Thread: News Article: Kukkonen waived
View Single Post
Old
01-12-2009, 08:36 AM
Banger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
You don't get it because you don't watch when he's on the ice. I didn't say he's great, I didn't even say he's a steadying influence, he's made his share of mistakes. I said, when guys play with him, the shoe fits, they play better with him. That's not different than most of the other 29 NHL teams having a similar player. He's probably going to end up in Finland next year anyways just due to a league-wide numbers game.

We've seen more than a handful of trades where someone who was just on waivers was traded directly afterward. When you have a player, you don't have just the player but his contract too. There's been quite a few players who passed through waivers this season who certainly have established themselves as NHL players.

What if I told you Kukkonen averages more SH TOI per game than Holmgren's golden boy Luca Sbisa? The same guy who beat out Ryan Parent for a spot on the team (or so we were told).
That wouldn't surprise me at all because Kukk doesn't have to skate and can just jump in front of shots and block them. That's Kukk's best attribute and that's the opportunity to best utilize it so it makes total sense that they would insert him over Sbisa in that role. How does Kukk's time compare with the golden boy on the PP?

Banger is offline   Reply With Quote