View Single Post
Old
01-12-2009, 12:40 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
The only thing with Coburn that really disappoints me is the bad penalties. I don't think his play has been that horrible, although he's more prone to dumb giveaways this year. I don't understand the Carle love, either. He was very flashy his first few games but I haven't seen him do much since.

I do understand the Jones hate. He's awful and I'm tired of being diplomatic about it.
His dumb hooking/holding penalties come from his not moving his feet and/or being out of position. A secondary concern for me is how tentative he is with the puck.

Both issues could be due to confidence problems. He certainly hasn't looked very decisive this season, something that was apparent during his success last year.

Obvioulsy the salary cap means that a team can't overpay numerous players. For where Jones slots into the lineup right now (a bottom pairing defenseman), the Flyers are spending too much money. If, as an example, Carle is moved and Jones finds himself in the top 4, then his salary doesn't look as terrible.

Carle has fit in pretty well so far; I did think the same of Eminger, though. Someone has to be moved. If it's Carle, the Flyers save a little more money. If it's Jones, the fans get to pick a new whipping boy. At this point, they're fairly similar players, except that Jones has looked every bit a guy who has missed most of the season and Carle is younger.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote