View Single Post
Old
01-12-2009, 01:29 PM
OpenWheel

vCash: 500
I thought of the game frequently earlier in the day and then completely forgot to listen when it was actually on. Grrr.

I'm glad to hear that Ellis got the start. When I read that Rinne was going in a back to back I didn't like it. I like Rinne, but felt that it would be rough for Ellis to get pulled like he did and then not even get to play the second game of a back to back. It's good to keep both goalies competing to stay sharp.

I hope this Leggy on the wing thing lasts a long time. We just don't have enough skilled wingers to play with him and let him be a playmaker from center, and he's not the sort of center who can create his own goals. Yet our maybe less skilled but "steady" type centers can at least control the puck long enough to let him get into a scoring position. I have no idea where or how he played Sunday, but I see he did assist on the goal. I was worried that maybe from the wing we'd lose some of his defensive ability since I thought he'd tend to be deeper in the zone before we lost the puck, but instead it seems to have energized him and he still seems to be able to harass and create turnovers.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote