Thread: Carle vs Jones
View Single Post
Old
01-12-2009, 03:16 PM
thedjpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mja View Post
Only one player is 3-4 years older than the other. Jones is what he is. Carle is still developing. When Jones was Carle's age he was a Phantom.

You want to know why Carle? Because he has a skill that 99% of the rest of the league doesn't have, Jones being one of the 99%. Carle knows where he's passing the puck mid-play before he even gets control of the puck. His touch passes are just off the damn charts. Sometimes his teammates aren't ready for them because they simply can't read the play half as fast as Carle does. Carle is to the touch pass as Carter is to the wrist shot.

Jones is a 4/5. Carle could be a legit 3 in a few years. They aren't the same player.
Yup, and I alluded to this in my post. A lot of his passes aren't turnovers - they're plays that our own teammates didn't pick up on because he's ahead of them.

He's the only one on our team that has that ability.

I'll also add that Carle's ceiling is much higher than a #3. Whether or not he reaches it is a mystery, but he's already a second pair d-man on 90% of the teams in the league.

Our defense for the future is well set, I might add, even when Timonen is winding down. In 4 years:

Coburn-Carle
Parent-Sbisa

thedjpd is offline   Reply With Quote