Holmgren's [surprising] thoughts on JVR
View Single Post
01-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Join Date: Sep 2006
Originally Posted by
Should we start some kind of shame list/thread?
- There's a group of people who really wanted to deal Carter last year.
- There's a group of people who criticized Briere last year, shut up during the playoffs, and then crawled out again this year.
- There's a group of people now criticizing JVR for staying in college and being a Hobey Baker candidate.
It seems to me that there's a lot of people in all 3 groups who just love to complain about various players, then when those players do well, they shut up and move on somewhere else.
Case A: Carter is leading the league in goals and Briere is hurt, so all the vultures move to a 19 year-old kid.
- Never wanted to move Carter...let alone for Kaberle.
- I have no issues with Danny Boy. What I don't like, is the contract associated to his name. Especially with Richards and Carter coming into their own as quickly as they did. And yes, I know...hindsight is 20/20.
- I hope JVR makes the professional leap next year and shows the world why he was picked #1...and yes, I do have my doubts. At this juncture, I question his drive, hunger and competetive instincts.
Sure he had a pretty goal at the WJC, but I was otherwise a little disapointed.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Opus