View Single Post
Old
01-12-2009, 10:56 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
Vinny for 10 years or Plek+Gorges+Higgins+2 last first round picks. Which will win you more games and have a better chance to win a cup?

NHL hockey is a game of stars. That's why teams with superstars win the cup every year. Not the deepest team, but the team with best top line pairing and the best top two lines and the best goalie.
Offense wins games, defence wins championships. Say what you want but not only are we ridding ourselves of a player who has emerged as a top 4 D, but also 2 of the best two-way forwards on our team. You don't get it, long term this deal cripples us as it does short term. Lecavalier is great, but adding gorges and considering the talent we could've got for cheap in the next 10 years with those picks we're not in a better position.

Komi-Markov
Hammer-Brisebois
Boullion-Weber

Wow, that d-core isn't bad, but if you think you're gonna outplay the lidstroms and prongers of the league...good luck.

Like i said, i can do with most of the terms, but consider we want to add another top 4 because we want a BETTER defence, why would we make it worst by getting rid of gorges. Bad enough, like i said, we lost some good defence forwards, but we lose out on our defensive depth.