View Single Post
Old
01-13-2009, 09:39 AM
vofty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
Great win guys. Detroit didn't seem interested in competing after the first period and like good teams do, you guys took advantage and blitzed us. I'm amazed we even made it to OT honestly. Outstanding game by Dallas, and on national TV no less. Been a long time since Detroit's had it handed to them like that. This is why all the forum experts and wannabe analysts who are writing Dallas off are crazy. Sure you've got injuries. Sure some players have struggled. But this is a team who was in the conference finals last year and they know what it takes and I have no doubt that they'll be scaring the crap outta some high seeded team when the playoffs roll around.

And a different note, who the heck is Mike Heika and did he take a puck to the head? His three star choices for Dallas were pretty odd. Robidas 1st star over Daley? Barch who didn't even play 5:00 and was one of only two Stars not to even record a shot as a 3rd star over Grossman or Richards or Ott? Maybe I was watching a different game than he was.....
LOL...you would not be the first to ask if he was nuts this season. He is the beat writer for the Dallas Morning News and his opinions are far from respected in this HF group. I watched the game during the always wonderful Margarita Monday and checked the 3 stars when I got home and I had to do a double take when I saw Robi was #1 star. The only possibly justification I can give for Barch is that great pass he made to set up Parish? All I can say is you aren't the only one wondering what he's smoking.

vofty is offline   Reply With Quote