View Single Post
Old
08-03-2004, 10:56 PM
Onion Boy

vCash: 500
The only guy on that list (excluding Jackman for obvious reasons) I like is Hordichuk, but he, like everyone else, is under contract and probably will be for a very long time because he is a Keenan player if ever there was one and any team would kill to have a guy like him who works hard every shift, hits like a mack-truck, and can hold his own easily when he drops the gloves.

No worries though, the Rangers have a bunch of these guys coming up through the system. It starts with Garth Murray who should be in the lineup next year. Next you have guys like Grenier and Gillies who may never settle into an NHL-role, but can still be called up for the NYI games. Personally, I really hope they sign Robin Big Snake to join the Pack. Intriguing name aside, this guy sounds like a Darcy Hordichuk clone to me. He may be a little bit of a hothead, but a couple years with professional coaches might cool him down a little.

If you're worried about next year's team, that's one department Sather seems to be taking care of. Garth Murray fills the energy grinder/middleweight role while Strudwick serves as the vet enforcer and Purinton can suit up as the heavyweight (hopefully they'll try again to convert him to the wing). Any more goons and we start to take away spots from the kids.