View Single Post
Old
08-04-2004, 01:13 AM
BobMarleyNYR

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Whatever. Although I was talking about the people who came to the Americas before the ancient Greeks. North American (both Americas actually) culture dates back at least as far and is completely unrelated culturally. But, of course, I completely missed your point (and am not worth your time to explain what that point actually is) and should bow to your superior knowledge--even though you are hardly the first person to develop an interest and follow it over a period of time (in my case for several decades).

I thought you wanted to discuss something. I realize now that isn't your interest here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Whatever. Although I was talking about the people who came to the Americas before the ancient Greeks. North American (both Americas actually) culture dates back at least as far and is completely unrelated culturally. But, of course, I completely missed your point (and am not worth your time to explain what that point actually is) and should bow to your superior knowledge--even though you are hardly the first person to develop an interest and follow it over a period of time (in my case for several decades).

I thought you wanted to discuss something. I realize now that isn't your interest here.
I am very sorry for this misunderstanding. I need to learn to pick and choose my words better. I did want to discuss this, and I really appreciated your input. I can see how you were misled. At that point, I was talking about the vikings only. I left out a big piece of information. Please don't think I was being know-it-all, even though it may have sounded like that. I actually have very low self-esteem, for the record, and I don't feel superior (often not even worthy). I try really to be part of the discussions, but I tend to only complicate them.

Unfortunately, when you're communicating electronically, it is not possible to hear one's inflection, or see body language. That makes it more difficult to understand all the time, yeah?

Hey, once again, I'm really sorry that I sounded so bad and arrogant. Please do not take the things I say seriously, as I often don't know what I'm saying.

Last edited by BobMarleyNYR: 08-04-2004 at 01:38 AM.