View Single Post
Old
01-14-2009, 01:08 PM
94now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Show me one instance where I said I expected a cup in '09. My point was that if this team is as good as a third place team, then they should be expected to have a lengthy playoff run. But they aren't as good as a third place team, and that's why chances are they won't have a long playoff run. I'm tired of people telling me to look at the standings when I can just look at the product on the ice.

This teams most consistent performers ARE all the core youth of this team, but let me direct your attention to the core youth groups of teams like Chicago, Boston, Washington, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Columbus.

You want to talk about every Cup team in recent memory, well all the cup teams in recent memory have had SEVERAL franchise players that they built their club around. That's what all of these teams are doing, and that's why all of these teams are either already among the league's best or well on their way there.

While we're making small gains and hoping for big ones in the future, these other teams are already making big gains. That's because those teams took the proven method of success in professional sports, the rebuild. That's something the Rangers started, but they couldn't commit themselves to finishing it, could they? No, because they just had to make the big free agent splash. They just can't say no to buying players. And luckily for us, they decided to buy the wrong players, as well.
This is NY. We do not do many things small markets do. We use Detroit model. Detroit signs UFAs to huge contracts and succeeds in it. While NYR and TOR suck at it. It is not what you do, it is how you do it.
We've got exact the team our owner wants to have.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote