View Single Post
Old
01-14-2009, 04:19 PM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
On the other hand, how much credit should we give our own team? How much did we create and how much could we test their goaltenders? Not much. Islanders had the better overall game in practically every aspect (creating quality chances, shots, crashing the net, hitting, pace), while we had the better goaltender.

I don't hold a grudge for it though, it has almost always looked like this. Islanders have outworked us a majority of the games between us. It's like they wake up and play the game of their lives when we face eachother, then it's back to "normality".

We handled ourselves better defensively than before, which has been the pattern of these last couple of games. Our real problem now, as before, is our complete inability to create scoring opportunities and actually scoring at those. And yeah, our PP is still bloody awful. We were supposed to be a speedy, north-south team this season, but I haven't seen much of that. We are more of the team that has to react to the other teams' tactics, instead of the other way around. It's we who are constantly caught on our heels.

This team is concerningly enough still a one trick pony. Lundqvist. If he stands on his head, we have a chance to win. If not, we lose. It's not good and we all know it.
Well the Islanders had more chances but what I saw is us back-off and just not test the other goaltender more or less because it seemed like Renney liked our chances better if we sat on a 2-1 lead than if we tried to build on that lead and maybe turned it over. After that first period there weren't many odd-man rushes I can recall against us. Lundqvist was good and he made some timely saves in the 3rd period especially with little time left. Maybe I'm delusional but I don't remember him seeing many shots during the 2nd or the 3rd until late.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote