View Single Post
Old
01-14-2009, 04:22 PM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
There is no middle ground with you and your kind of thinking, just 'tear it all down and start over these guys suck'. I'm not saying we are the best team in the league, not even in our own division(9-3 record though) i'm just excepting that we're flawed but headed in the right direction. The youth on this team concerns me most. I think we have them in a good place to learn and get better.

As for having as much young talent as other teams - we don't, and i blame Sather for not starting to rebuild when he first got here but that was many moons ago, we have to concentrate on the now - what we have and what can be built on. 29 teams in the league would LOVE to have a Lundqvist. Those same teams would kill to get a Marc Staal. Not to mention the top rated offensive rookie Dman in the "A", and a very nice looking prospect in Del Zotto. If Henke & those Dmen live up to expectations we don't need to worry so much about the other teams having such great scoring will we?

These are positives that keep me hopeful when we have a top prospect die, a top prospect bust and several other bad luck cases happen before our eyes over the years.
the only thing that's difficult to deal with about our system for me right now is that we have no potential top goal scorer at least none that we really know of on the way anytime soon.

It also stresses me that despite how awesome Sanguinetti is known to be offensively, that's going to disapear in the NHL because of Renney. We're JUST this season finally starting to see Staal move the puck into the zone we saw him do in Juniors. He used to never even attempt it. And I know he's more defensive minded but he would go coast to coast no problem in juniors and just bury it. Would've liked to see him at least PINCH or join the rush more often earlier on.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote