Thread: Radovan Somik
View Single Post
Old
08-04-2004, 12:02 PM
FlyHigh

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Afanasenkov- 2 more points than Somik and he played in 18 more games, upgrade? Not much of one, probably wants a 3rd line role anyway and he's signed with TB.

Berglund- He is a FA, but he's RFA. 9 points in 33 games...hardly any upgrade.

Chimera- RFA, 12 points in 60 games, blazing speed, but speed isn't everything, Somik more points in less games.

Jeff Cowan- 1st good suggestion on your list, a solid player that could be a very good 3rd-4th liner, unfortunately, he resigned with LA and we already signed Turner Stevenson for that role.

Justin Papineau- Is still a prospect and resigned with Isles, so I don't seem them giving him up, had one less point than Somik in 11 more games.

Martin Cibak- One of the worst choices on your list so far. 1st of all, he's a center and we are already completely overloaded at that position. 2nd, he's still an RFA. 3rd, 5 less points than Somik and played in 10 more games.

Chris Neil- Your 2nd decent choice, unfortunately, he does spend a lot of time in the box and he's also under contract with Ottawa.

May- This team does not need another 4th line enforcer.

Donato- Nice choice here, I only see one small problem...he's retired.

Laraque- Your 3rd decent choice. Unfortunately, he's under contract and I don't see EDM dealing him to us.

Mair- Decent choice, but like May, the last thing this team needs is another 4th line enforcer.

Oliver- Dont know a lot about him, but if we're supposed to get younger, signing a 33 year old 4th liner isn't that greatest start, I'd rather sign a 33 year old Zhamnov and keep Somik.

Somik plays better defense than most of the guys here and puts up more points too, I'd say stop crying over spilled milk, but there isn't any spilled milk to cry over.