Thread: Line Combos: Where is the offensive effort?
View Single Post
Old
01-16-2009, 02:12 PM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
I think something terrible is happening since the christmas break. We only have 20 goals in 10 games played since then. The GAA for opposing goaltenders is 1.95 against the Flyers in that period.

Yes, we had a ton of injuries, but the key offensive weapons we have, Richards and Carter missed not a single game in that time. But overall, the offensive effort has been lacking which is probably the main reason we lost the games against Pittsburgh and now Tampa.

And the problem is not that we lack in secondary scoring, but our primary scoring is nowhere to be found. Gags hasn't scored a goal in almost a month and has only two assists since the christmas break. Richards only two goals and four assists in the 10 games since christmas. Carter also only two goals and five assists since Christmas.

I also noticed that no matter whether were taking the lead or are playing behind, not even necessarily tying the game with it, but the team steps off the gas when it scored a goal.

I really hope Brière will change something about that when he is back. Giroux looked great in the first period against Tampa and I'd really like to keep him on Richards wing.

Line Combos after Brière's return that I'd put on the ice (note that none of them are designated 1, 2 or 3. Only the fourth line is the fourth line):
Hartnell - Carter - Lupul
Gagné - Brière - Knuble
Upshall - Richards - Giroux
Cote - Metropolit - Asham
Havent read through this thread yet, but it is basically the same issue as last year....This team is typically feast or famine.....One or two lines get super hot and they win like 10 straight, those lines cool off and we cant win a game.

This team needs to figure out how to win games without getting 3 pp goals, or without some line going nuts.....Its called consistent even strength production, something we havent seen from this team this season or last season.....

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote