View Single Post
Old
01-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Chad_

vCash: 500
Young had only 11 errors,a low amount. One's ability to field a position is not just about handling the ball, rather it also includes an ability to get to a ball, the latter Young had problems with.

Yeah, I read Sherrington's column. It puts it all into perspective, I guess, but I still don't see how it's all that bad in comparison to many other sports towns. The Cowboys are the big disappointment, in my eyes at least, since they haven't won a playoff game in the time frame. But missing is the addition of FC Dallas and the Frisco Rough Riders, which would seem to cement the impact of sports within the Dallas area as opposed to what seems to be Sherrington's underlying premise that sports in the Dallas area has remained a constant.

ADDED: How could I forget the additions of Lone Star Park and the higher stakes racing at the venue, or Texas Motor Speedway? If anything, I'd argue the area has become more of a sports center in that time frame, though it sure would be nice if one of the local teams could win something.

Last edited by Chad_: 01-16-2009 at 03:00 PM.