Thread: Line Combos: What is your ideal 4th line?
View Single Post
Old
01-16-2009, 02:50 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Unless you're playing against a team with a real heavy weight fighter, there is no need to play Orr on a regular basis. I'd much rather see Voros in there and on games against teams like a Brashear-less Washington, who doesn't have a physical presence at all, play Fritsche for some added offense. But that's not the Renney way. He'd much rather keep the same guys fighting over a single spot. It wasn't until recently when Dawes was forcing Renney to keep him in the lineup and an obviously struggling Voros was there an opportunity to play two of Prucha, Dawes, and Fritshce. Both Prucha and Dawes are now forcing Renney to keep them in the lineup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I dunno Dagoon and Rags...I thought that 15 years ago there were your fair share of "goons" out there - guys who played 2-3 minutes and whose knuckles scraped along the ice. Sure Probert was more than serviceable, as was even Domi, but you also had guys like Grissom, Vukota, Twist, etc.....
Ahhh Tony Twist, he couldn't have picked a better stage name for his job than what he was given at birth. You'd have to wonder if his parents could see the future.

Beukeboom comes pretty close too for a big physical defender.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote