View Single Post
Old
01-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Roulin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafErikson View Post
Higgins seems to have fallen out of favour with Montreal. Or am I mistaken there?
I think, for the most part, most fans of the Habs are still fans of Higgins. It's just that we have so many young, cheap forwards ready to go, that slightly older forwards that are due for a raise, but are not difference makers in a big way, seem to be the obvious choices for trade bait. That means Plekanec and Higgins, and since we don't have as much young depth at center, that means Higgins. If we don't make that big quantity for quality move, I think most of us would be happy to have Higgins back next year. But, these days that move seems to be the way to go from being a good team to being a dominant team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafErikson View Post
And if Markov were on the open market now, expect him to be in the same range as Campbell, if not higher.

You're underestimating the market on defenseman. Kaberle is extremely underpaid, compared to what he's worth. I would say the same is true of Markov aswell.
Agreed, 100%. Supply is low right now, demand will be sky high at the deadline and in the offseason for defencemen.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote