Need Help Scoring
View Single Post
01-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Shore, MA
Originally Posted by
I am a defenseman, but have been playing forward lately and have 0 goals. Any tips to help me put
More than zero?
1. How's your shot, and are you putting enough power behind it?
2. How's your skating and are you getting scoring chances you just can't convert on?
3. Do you have the confidence of your linemates that they'll pass you the puck when you're in scoring position?
4. Are you picking a target before you shoot and do you look where you're shooting?
I'm in the same position -- a converted defenseman playing wing with no points on the season.
1. I play too conservative. I can't help playing like a defensive forward so I don't get into scoring position when we have the puck in the offensive zone.
2. I have a weak shot and can't consistently lift my wrist shots. I've got poor technique and don't take the time to draw the puck back before shooting.
3. I have different linemates every game.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by EmptyNetter