DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer View Post
he's been playing on the *clears throat* top line
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I didn't know Peverley's changed his name to Todd White.
Agreed, there is no denying Kozlov-White-Little is the top line... has been way too consistent.

Kovalchuk's linemates have been a revolving door the past 2 or 3 seasons and for the most part have been terrible. Most of his success has come from having a power forward at center or on the RW like Tkachuk, Recchi, or even sometimes Thorburn to take the puck into traffic to pull people away from Kovy long enough for him to tee up. Peverley looks to have the speed to just gun it down the ice with Kovy, which nobody has ever really been able to do effectively. For as many bad experiments at finding a center for Kovy this franchise has been through since Savard, including Steve Rucchin, Bobby Holik, Niko Kapanen, and recently Todd White (who think God gelled with the other line this season), it's been nothing short of a miracle to see someone out there that actually compliments his skill set properly instead of just throwing the puck at him asap.

This game was fun to watch from the standpoint that the Thrashers haven't had much success this season and now have looked great in back to back games, but at the same time it was sad to see it against a team like Nashville that I have really pulled for recently because of the Balsille controversy and my general love of southern hockey. Plus Dan Ellis was a complete donkey out there and blew it open before it started.

But anyway, I was just dropping in to give my two cents on Peverley before he follows up his 6 points in 2 games with 2 points in 6 games (please God no!), and wish you guys better luck than you had tonight here on out.

DungeonK is offline   Reply With Quote