View Single Post
Old
01-18-2009, 09:43 AM
Caseman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
We actually have an injuries thread as a sticky I believe. But it'd be nice if he came back soon.

And you guys can gang up on me all you want, but usually hot playoff teams have signs of being awesome. Take CBJ this year, that team has the signs of an 8th seed that can do some Edmonton like damage. It's usually some crazy X factor that comes out of nowhere. Roloson, Ward, etc. Does Marty Turco look like a goalie that's going to get hot at some point? No, he doesn't. Sure Morrow and Zubov instantly make us a playoff team, but we have holes.

Wanna know how I know this isn't a playoff team? Because I actually pay attention to who is on the waiver wire with the possibility of them being acquired. That's a very, very bad sign.
You think CBJ have "signs of being awesome"? A team as injured as the Stars? I don't understand your point here... Did you expect Turco to get hot last year? Did you expect the Stars to even advance past the first round? No? Exactly. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

I support negativity when it is deserved, but your doom-and-gloom, "it doesn't matter if they make the playoffs" attitude is dumb.

Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote