View Single Post
Old
01-18-2009, 10:16 PM
DevilsFan38

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
So many do prefer to not wear socks and with a small effort they can eliminate any chance of staph or other bacterial infection. Simply mist the interior of the skate with Rubbing Alcohol after each use. 3 parts water to one part Alcohol will do just fine. 3 cups water/1 cup alcohol in a spray bottle can mist ALL of your gear, keeping oder and bacterial concerns a non-issue. Parents with children in any sport should be misting their childs gear after each use. MRSA strains just make it a "must do" thing.

I have used the Cool Max kevlar runners socks for years and even while breaking in new skates(no bake) have not had a single blister. Prior to that I had worn the typical mens non-textured "Dress" sock but they tend to "quit", slide down and bunch at the toes. In any case, you want to prevent any rubbing directly against the skin. Standard tube socks dont work well. They tend to allow the foot to slide around inside the sock. As another poster has said, once wet they tend to stick to the boot liner and let your foot start sliding/rubbing. The coolmax (Nike product, i believe)or other kevlar type socks have a much lower friction coefficient. Even with some slide, there is a less likely chance of developing a blister.
What about gloves? Do you mist the outside/palms, or just spray inside?

DevilsFan38 is offline   Reply With Quote