View Single Post
Old
01-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
You cant say that his size is irrelevant cuz it is. He cannot poke check and has trouble with big players in corners. He doesnt handle the forecheck very well and often turns the puck over because of it.

One thing is sure with him though, hes the hardest worker on the team and i love him for that but i as a 6th defender, i'd take Dandenault with the Stanley cup experience, his speed and puck moving abilities. I know a lot of you guys disagree but its just a preference. Hopefully, BG can land a top 4 D at the deadline which would push Brisebois out of the line up and create a competition for the 6th d-man spot between Breezer, Bouillon and Dandy.
I don't know what ''often'' is for you..but Bouillon has 27turnovers listed. Only Komisarek has less turnovers than him but thats because he played 11 fewer Games.
27giveaways out of 39GP, that's not even one per game.
These past few games have not been an adequate representation of the overall play of Bouillon this season. His game dropped a bit, but he's been pretty solid overall.

Also, you keep mentioning Dandenault's puck moving ability and I can't seem to recollect this as being one of his assets. His puck moving abilities are mediocre at best.
Markov and Brisebois have some good ones, Harmlik has some decent, he doesn't.
I'd even go as far as saying Bouillon has a better first pass than Dandy.

Again, he compensates his short size by being one of our most physical players.

Dandy's strongest assets are his speed and versatility. He's no better than Bouillon.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote