Old
01-20-2009, 04:08 AM
Larry Fisher
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Hornqvist update and/or future...

Hey all,

*fantasy hockey question disclaimer*

I'm in need of some advice and figured the posters at hfboards are as good as any for answers. Here's my dilemma, I'm in a deep DEEP fantasy hockey keeper league and at the all-star break (this Sunday) we have the option of signing one player picked up in the reserve draft to a 3-year contract.

I'm debating between Patric Hornqvist (Nashville), Derek Dorsett (Columbus), Patrick Kaleta (Buffalo) or Wayne Simmonds (L.A.). Whoever you sign comes at a salary of $0.50 in a $35 cap world, the rest would re-enter the free-agent draft next fall to be drafted at anywhere from $0.10 to about $7 as a top-end salary. The forward categories all count equally and are as follows: goals, assists, penalty minutes, special teams goals and plus/minus.

I actually traded for Hornqvist after the reserve draft but prior to the start of the season, thinking he would start and stick as a top 6 forward in Nashville and would be my lock for a contract extension at the all-star break. But obviously that long-term plan hasn't exactly panned out and now I'm left second-guessing whether he's worth it and/or if I have a better option on my roster.

Any help/insight/comments would be greatly appreciated, thanks all!!!

Larry Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote