View Single Post
Old
01-20-2009, 09:17 PM
OverTheCap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
This little nugget came from Sam's blog:

"Renney said the move was more a match-up decision against the bigger, physical Ducks. Although Prucha hadn’t been told as much by Renney, we passed along what the coach told the media after the morning skate.

“You know more than me,” an amused Prucha said. “Aaron is a bigger, stronger guy than me, so he can play more physical. So if coach wants to match up against bigger players, he’s probably a better player than me for that.”"

Does that bug anyone else? Not only does Prucha get the yank, but he has to hear about it from the media?
I don't think this is the first time that Renney has failed to communicate with Prucha. I think when they were in Prague, Renney was planning on benching Prucha and never really told him why. He wasn't included in the practice lines prior to the games, but then Renney inserted him in the games, probably realizing it would be a dick move for Prucha not to play in his own country.

At least Prucha can handle a benching, unlike the big, bad Voros. From Sam's Blog a few weeks ago: "Aaron Voros, meanwhile, was wearing a white jersey during practice and looked sufficiently annoyed afterward—to the point that Markus Naslund sat down next to him in an apparent effort to try to cheer to him up."

Fritsche has been benched for 20 games, Prucha is constantly being benched, yet they don't complain. I understand Voros wants to play, but when he takes at least 1 momentum-killing penalty per game, he shouldn't mope about being benched.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote