View Single Post
Old
01-20-2009, 09:58 PM
TheDrizzle81

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
You'd actually get past that feeling relatively quickly. I understand that fear, but when I was in FTO (field training program....basically, riding along for 14 weeks), it was impressed upon me that 99% of the job is making a decision. Whether right or wrong, making it is the important part, because -- in all honsestly, it's really hard to make a wrong decision - there are so many ways to handle various things (use of force aside).

But, the metal aspect can be tough. Not so much the burden of "responsibility", but just some of the BS and moronic things people do and say. You really are a glorified babysitter a lot of times, and it can be draining.

But honestly, it's worth all the crap. It's the best job in the world (for me at least).
Yeah im sure Id get over it, its just knowing that at times, lives are in ur hands. Its a HUGE responsibility. Thats why everytime a cop is in line ata 7-11 or something with coffee or something i usually pick up the tab i mean the person is literally risking his life to keep my community safe.

It seems like in all it is fun, and in the end of the day you are making a positive impact on the world, and thats all i really want to do with my life. Be something my future kids cold be proud of, as well as the community. Its something I may still do down the road when I feel ready for it. Right now I dont know, I know its smart to go in younger, but I think Im no "mature" enough you know? Im shooting to give it a go when Im 24-25ish.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote