View Single Post
Old
08-06-2004, 05:21 PM
Levitate

vCash: 500
i think i can say with confidence that perceptions of cola are mixed...some people (most leafs fans) like the guy and think he's an awesome prospect. others aren't so sure (other people as in people who have watched him play) so i think that's the knock on him in my eyes...there doesn't seem to be a real clear consensus as to how good he really is

cola vs. kondratiev though...from what i know, cola probably has the higher upside of the two but i think kondratiev comes out being a little underrated and is also more likely to reach his upside, but my opinion here is tenuous at best since i haven't seen the both of them play a lot.

as for tyutin...honestly i think he makes a much better NHLer than AHLer. for one it seems russians aren't fond of the AHL and the less skilled, less cohesive environment it is. tyutin looked like he held back in the AHL...whether it's cuz his coach wanted him to or what i don't know, but he looked a lot better in the NHL (though he made more mistakes...but cmon he's a rookie) but i get the feeling he's a player who needs a challenge...something to kind of rise up to and accomplish and he didn't feel that in the AHL so his play wasn't as good as it could have been. put him in the NHL though and he's gonna be damn good...i still think he has #1 potential if he really put it all together, but it's more likely he'll be more like a #2