View Single Post
Old
01-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous View Post
the last stretch overall has been good but it makes you wonder how this team is gonna even compete in the playoffs. Basically it will be night in and night out playing these types of games against Boston, NJ or whoever and this team is unable to fight through it.

I have severe doubts of this teams ability to play in the playoffs. It makes for decent regular seasons but they are absolutely outclassed in games like these.
thats not a suprise to me. this years team isnt significantly different from last years. until the defense improves greatly, i cant see it getting better. there are a lot of defensive prospects but by the time they mature will the offense still be above average?

trading for lecavalier would be popular but it would really hurt the franchise long term. the off season will be interestiing this year with all the free agents.

i am less scared about this now though cause of the rookies that are producing. maybe gainey can spend the big money that will be saved on the big defenseman (along with signing komisarek) but if he goes after offense to replace kovalev then the team will be similar next year again.

Raider917 is offline   Reply With Quote