View Single Post
Old
01-22-2009, 01:47 PM
bdemz

vCash: 500
article

With just four wins in their last 10 games, the Anaheim Ducks have fallen down the standings and find themselves just two points out of the playoff picture.
According to various reports, the Ducks are considering the possibility of dealing away superstar defenseman Chris Pronger.

During Hockeycentral at Noon on Toronto sports radio station The Fan590, hockey insider Nick Kypreos indicated that the Ducks will trade Pronger at some point this season, especially if the team falls lower down the standings.

"He's getting traded," said Kypreos, who is a hockey analyst for Rogers Sportsnet. "If they miss the playoffs, he's done."

Pronger, 34, is making $6.25 million this year and can become an unrestricted free agent after the 2009-10 season.

From the Editor: I was supposed to be in Montreal today, but because of a last minute change of plans, I'll be there tomorrow for All-Star Game/weekend coverage for TFP and NBC. Anyway, I figured I'd comment on this one here quickly. I have heard some rumblings over this possibility, but didn't think too much of it. From the sounds of things, the Ducks are definitely considering this option. With so much competition in the West right now, if the Ducks completely fall over the next few weeks, this option becomes greater and great for this team. -- David Pagnotta.