View Single Post
Old
01-22-2009, 03:25 PM
raganblink

vCash: 500
when i was playing hardcore we lifted 3 times a week, played twice, and skated every single day unless we had a game.

to get into shape for this though (cuz i was only used to hockey every day, not the lifting part) i started gradually taking days off of hockey when i lifted, and than i slowly started just skating on the days i lifted, than by the time juniors started i was already playing everyday and weightlifting during hte week.

its great exercise though. i have friends who arent competitive or were never competitive with the sport but they wanted to get into shape. they started lifting TRS and played league WU and play pickups on MF.

they got awesome at hockey (went from novice at age 17 to B league at 19) and got ripped. they dropped about 70 pounds from atleast 250 to a lean 180ish, and they are built like tanks, well, atleast one of them is.

hockey 3-4 times a week and working out 3-4 times a week is awesome for you. if anyone is a bigger guy who wants to get good at hockey quickly, and wants to loose alot of weight, play 3-4 times a week and go lift the other days. you'll be surprised how quickly it takes you to get from fat and bad to built and good.

raganblink is offline   Reply With Quote