View Single Post
Old
01-23-2009, 02:24 PM
One Trick Pony*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by senators39 View Post
Hemsky RIGHT NOW, I would consider to be in the same league as a Sedin/Kovalev/Jokinen/Kopitar/Elias/Semin.

A good first line player, while putting up a point per game, but NOT a superstar. I'd say a superstar is in the top 30-50 player in the league, and I think I could name 30-50 better players. However, he is young and does have the potential to be a Marian Hossa/Datsyuk/Spezza type.
He is not in their leauge. He is better than them. Sedin, Kovalev, Jokinen and Elias never put up the numbers Hemsky is now when they were 25. I agree that him and Semin are in the same boat, but it is not with those other guys.

Boat 1, Generational Talents: Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin. Guys who score 100+ Points right off the bat after entering the league. 110+ Points should be a consistent trademark in their careers.

Boat 2, Superstar talents: Thornton,Iginla,Lecavalier,Kovalchuk,Zetterberg, Heatley,Datsyuk,Zetterberg. Guys who took a few years to get there, but now they're there. A minimum 90-100 Point players.

Boat 3: All-Star talents: M. Richards, Carter, Gaborik, Hemsky, Kane, Toews, Gagne, Vanek, Nash, Semin, Krejci, Marleau, Jokinen. Guys who either have the potential to be superstars, or guys who will always be in the class below. Guys that can score 80-90points right now/ 40 goals.

Then there is everybody else. Spezza,Alfredsson, St. Louis, Hossa, B. Richards all come in between both All-Stars and Superstars. They can be considered borderline elite.

One Trick Pony* is offline   Reply With Quote